The Experts in Energy Management
Technological excellence, innovation, quality and a commitment to customer
service place SATEC at the forefront of the energy industry.
SATEC has been a proven solutions-oriented global leader in the research,
development and manufacturing of energy management systems since 1987.
With two decades of rich experience in energy management, SATEC provides total
solutions for customer applications worldwide. Our greatest strength lies in our deep technological
expertise and our ability to provide flexible solutions for a wide range of customer applications.
SATEC's device product line serves both energy utilities and energy consumers in various fields.
Our application-based product line includes devices spanning from basic
power meters up to high performance revenue meters with advanced power quality analysis capabilities.
All SATEC devices comply with world-acknowledged regulations and are supported by our energy management software.
Our cutting-edge power quality analyisis capabilities provide a rewarding solution enabling energy utilities to
take timely corrective action and permitting energy consumers to prevent equipment failures.
SATEC and the Environment
SATEC is committed to protecting the environment. SATEC products help our customers save energy and reduce CO,
as well as other greenhouse gas emissions, while our unique renewable energy management solutions increase the performance
of solar and wind power generation plants. SATEC products are RoHS compliant and are lead free.
We at SATEC regard our clients as our most valuable asset. We consider excellence of products and service as a
key to gaining customer loyalty and satisfaction. Our customer base consists of industrial facilities, commercial enterprises,
government and public services, and major power utilities.
SATEC takes pride in catering to the unique needs of our varied customer base. As a leader in the field, we at SATEC set the
standard by continuously developing and upgrading our products and services, to perfect our clients' energy management systems.
Our products are user-oriented and designed for easy installation and operation.
SATEC exports to over 60 countries worldwide throughout Europe, North and South America, Asia, Oceania and Africa. Our worldwide
distribution network provides local marketing service and prompt professional support.
Our Expertise at Your Service
Our team of scientists and industry experts are available to dispense expert technical support, and provide technical solutions to
questions ranging from generic to complex. SATEC's support team is closely involved in the development process, to assure a product of
the highest quality that is also tailored to our customer's needs.
SATEC's unique offering for the commercial
market answers customer needs in multi-
tenant submetering applications. This
solution is based on the new generation
multi-tenant Branch Feeder Monitor and
supported by the groundbreaking web
Ideal for both new and retrofit projects,
the BFM136 can monitor energy (on
multi-tariff TOU basis), demands and data
logging. The device can monitor up to 12
three-phase channels or 36 channels that
can be configured as 3-phase, 2-phase
or single-phase. This flexibility and cost-
efficiency make the BFM136 especially
suitable for multi-tenant facilities, such as
office buildings, shopping malls, residential
buildings, hotels, government facilities,
universities, etc. Cost-efficiency is also
achieved by the considerable installation
and infrastructure cost savings.
This compact instrument is designed to easily fit into
existing panel boards, thus eliminating the need for expensive retrofit
projects or for allocating extra space. For billing purposes, single or multiple
circuits can be defined for each customer. This flexibility allows to reassign circuit
groups to changing customers without complicated electrical procedures, and allows for
easy changes when tenants move in and out.
The BFM136 user-defined and easily configured alarm system enables preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary outages.
Combined with SATEC's ExpertPowerTM, a comprehensive web service enabling
users to access energy, power quality and real-time data, the BFM136 completes the total solution for multi-tenant energy mangement.
- Provides a complete set of energy and demand data on multi-tariff basis for billing purposes
- Accuracy class 0.5S revenue metering
- Meter sealing option for voltage and current inputs
- Current and voltage monitoring
- 12 3-phase channels
- 18 2-phase channels
- 36 1-phase channels
- Any combination of the above
- Compliant with IEC specifications
- LCD display for on-site access
- Data access and TOU via PAS software
(see pg. 15 for more information)
- Web-based energy management with
ExpertPowerTM providing online data
access (see pg. 16 for more information)
- Compact design for easy installation
within existing or new electric
- a Durable design for tamper resistance
- Built-in serial RS-485
- Optional: modem, Ethernet, wireless, GPRS
- Real Time Clock
- Event and data logging
- Flash memory 8 Mb
- Weight: 4.2 lbs / 1.9 kg
- HxWxD: 4.2x13x2.3"
- Selection of High Accuracy Current Sensors (HACS) —see pg. 10.
Split Core HACS
eXpertMeterTM EM720 / EM920
High Performance Revenue Meter
Cutting Edge Power Quality Analyzer
Fast Transient and Fault Recorder
The XpertMeterTM EM720 and EM920 are 4-in-1 multi-functional energy analyzers that include Class A power meter, high precision revenue meter, unsurpassed power quality analyzer and unique
digital fault recorder. They differ in their mechanical construction (the EM720 is built with accordance to IEC standards while the EM920 is a socket meter), I/O and add-ons.
The eXpertMeterTM all-in-one solution has been developed to comply with the most demanding customer requirements in
energy generation and distribution (power stations, electric companies, substation operators, electric energy
system integrators) and in energy consumer segments (industrial and commercial). The eXpertMeterTM
can serve as a main revenue meter or test meter to manage advanced energy supply contracts that include a commitment to the most demanding power quality standards. The eXpertMeterTM can be used to resolve disputes between electric energy suppliers and consumers regarding power quality EN50160 standard violations.
The EM720/EM920 takes the AMI (or AMR)
to a new level, by adding power quality and fault recording to gain complete control over the smart grid.
Waveform analysis via PAS
Multi-Functional 3-Phase Power Meter
Multi-Tariff Revenue Meter
- Voltage, current (including Neutral current), power, energy, power factor, frequency, voltage/current unbalance, load profile
Advanced Power Quality Analysis
- Precise 0.05% measurement
- Accuracy class 0.25 according to
- IEC 62053-22 / ANSI C12.20
- Time Of Use (TOU) tariffs to meet any billing requirements (8 tariffs, 4 seasons)
- Unique anti-vandalism & anti-tampering features
- Transformer and transmission line losses calculation (8 points, PT & CT)
- Built-in self accuracy test
- Power Quality Analysis according to IEC 61000-4-30 Class A
- Built-in EN50160 statistics & reports
- Back-up battery and/or auxiliary power supply for recording major dips & interruptions
- Harmonics & Inter-harmonics according to IEC 61000-4-7
- Directional power harmonics (via PAS—see pg. 15)
- Voltage and current THD, current TDD, k-factor
- Flicker measurement according to IEC 61000-4-15
- Waveform recording, up to 1024 samples/ cycle
- Three voltage & four current inputs for waveform records
- Dips, swells, interruptions
- Fault recording
- Four measured and recorded currents up to 50 A (10ln)
- ITI (CBEMA) curves (via PAS)
- High Speed Transient detection as little as 17 ps @ 60Hz / 20 ps @ 50Hz
- Transients measured relative to ground
- Measures up to 2 kV pulses
- Power Quality events with waveforms
- Logging capability for more than 100 parameters with real-time stamps
- Logging memory 16 MB built-in
- Time synchronization—IRIG-B (GPS) or Ethernet (SNTP)
- Dielectric withstand: 12 kV impulse, 4 kV AC @ 1min
- I/O and Comm. Ports isolation-4 kV AC
- Optional Remote Display Module (RDM) LED front panel display
- Anti-tampering and self test functions
Power Analysis Software
Accessories & Add-Ons
Intelligent Network COmmunication Device
We at SATEC pay special attention to quality and reliability of our products, by thorough verification of each product and system at every stage of the products' lifetime.
SATEC is committed to uncompromising compliance with the highest requirements in the energy field. SATEC devices comply with the most demanding international standards. Standard compliance is
tested by world acknowledged independent labs. Our quality system is S09001:2008 certified.
Some of SATEC's Certificates